I love free advice.
Traditional publishing has its benefits, but so does indie publishing.
However, those benefits are meaningless if you don’t take advantage of them.
One of the great advantages of indie publishing is the opportunity to swiftly respond to the many changes that arise throughout a book’s life, and to give a book an extended lifetime that far exceeds typical shelf life.
How’s the Weather?
Even in the publishing industry, the weather is unpredictable.
Many factors come up, including those that are beyond your control.
- Kindle changes the way that series books are displayed in search results.
- Just as you begin your big promotion, one of your first reviews stings like a bumblebee.
- The subject of your nonfiction book experiences a major change just months after it’s published. Now it’s outdated.
- Amazon discontinues the 4-for-3 program, starts discounting paperbacks, or stops putting them on sale.
- One of the main subcategories that…
View original post 1,205 more words