Thank you Emilia Leigh, London based writer, blogger, and dreamer, who nominated me for this ‘One Lovely Blog’ award. Her blog is at http://www.emilialeigh.com/the-last-beginning/blog I’m delighted to receive this award as it’s my first as a blogger, so thank you again Emilia.
To fulfil the conditions of the award, I have to thank the person who nominated me, share seven facts about myself, and then nominate other blogs I love to read. I also have to give links to their websites.
I’ve already thanked Emilia who is writing a novel and has an interesting blog where she posts the events of each month in photos. Now I’ll just get on with the seven facts about me:
1. I’m not a great fan of romantic novels, although I once won a competition on Radio Merseyside for writing a romance plot.
2. I resumed my education at the age of 40, taking ‘O’ levels in English, consumer law, and maths. I then took ‘A’ levels in government and politics and sociology before starting a degree in sociology. I quit my degree course after the first year owing to family commitments.
3. I have a fair skin and so I’m likely to burn in the sun. I’ve been diagnosed with Bowen’s disease which means I have to watch for changes in my skin that could lead to cancer. I’ve had several small growths frozen or removed.
4. I hate talking on the phone. I like to read body language and facial expressions when I’m conversing with people.
5. I love bright jewel colours; my favourite is purple.
6. I’m 5 feet 1 inch in height.
7. I’d rather live in the countryside than in a town or city.
Now my seven facts are revealed, all that remains is for me to name my nominees for the ‘One Lovely Blog’ award; so here goes.
http://thestoryreadingapeblog.com/ This Url will take you to Chris Graham’s wonderful blog. He’s an author who helps other authors in several ways; guest blogs, reblogs, professional editor’s tips, and his wonderful ‘halls of fame’ which feature every author he’s had on his guest blog.
http://seumusgallacher.com/ Seumus Gallacher’s writing voice will have you giggling all day. In his own words he’s a “Longtime nutcase, author, weekend TV football couch potato,amateur guitarist,professional screamer at Sky News garbage, Billy Connolly devotee”. He also helps other authors get noticed.
The following blog sites all have their own special place in my world:
http://africolonialstories.wordpress.com/ Jo Robinson
http://smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com/ Sally Georgina Cronin
http://sjparkes30.com/ Susan J Parkes
http://shawnbird.com/ Shawn L Bird
http://rockandrollsupermom.wordpress.com/ Marissa Bergen
http://olganm.wordpress.com/ Just Olga
http://plainandfancygirl.wordpress.com Marian Beaman