I’ve seen how others react to awards, and to be honest I wasn’t exactly sure where I stood in the debate to accept or not accept them. Fulfilling their requirements takes time and effort, and most of us are already struggling with time management. However, the people who nominate us are exactly the ones we are blogging for. If you think I’m worthy of a nomination, then I thank you sincerely. I’ll happily juggle things around a bit to make time for the extra work. After all, I also get the chance to show my appreciation to the great bloggers who have followed me.
To be eligible for this award, I have to complete the following rules found on https://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/vba-rules
1. Show the award on your blog. It can be copied from the above website.
2. Thank the person who nominated you.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 worthy bloggers, and include a link to their blog.
5. Let your chosen bloggers know you have nominated them.
6. Include a link to the Versatile Blogger Site. https://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/vba-rules
Seven little known facts about me.
1. I was a bit of a tomboy when I was young. I hung out with my older brother’s gang because there were no girls in my street. I could run and climb as good as any of them except my brother.
2. At nine, I was almost raped at knife point. The offenders, about 18 or 19 had me and my new friend on the floor. They were both holding a knife to our throats. We were saved by my dad who’d come looking for us. Thankfully, we were untouched.
3. At 12, I was chosen to join the 15 year old runners to represent our school in the inter-school relay race. We won badges and a place each on the runners training programme.
4. I was about 35 the last time I raced. I retired unbeaten in the traditional mum’s race on my children’s various sport’s days.
5. At almost 70, I still like to dance around the house to popular music; not a pretty sight, ha ha. My favourite at the moment is ‘All about the bass’, so you can imagine what I look like. Ugh!
6. I cut and colour my own hair, and rarely visit a hairdresser. Think of the money I’d save if I only had it in the first place.
7. I don’t like swearing in normal conversation but even I can slip up. There are enough words in the English language to avoid it.
Chosen not only because of their blog sites’ interesting and unique content, but also because of the courteous way they are managed. Apologies for not managing fifteen. I think I may have slipped up and called this award the ‘Amazing Blogging Award’ when I’ve informed the nominees. I don’t know where that came from, but I’m sorry for the mistake. I hope you all accept the award, you deserve it.